Monday, May 22, 2006

Random things...

There is a beautiful sound coming into my home...the sound of a singin bird...the unfortunate thing is that it is also the same sound as the beginning of my cell phone ringer... so I have been on edge all morning, ready to jump up and grab my cell.

Ethan is on hour #2 of his SECOND nap already... coming from my "all boy", on-the-go all-the-time Ethan, I am a bit perplexed...except that he didn't have a nap AT ALL on Saturday. He usually puts off naps until 11 (if he has one in the a.m.) and then until after 2... so this is a little weird. It could be the lack of a nap Saturday, or a growth spurt, or teething side-effects... hmmm....

Emily just came in. She put on one of Kevin's dress shirts, with the sleeves tied off with ponytail holders and a tie around her neck, and delcared herself a scarecrow. How inventive and how beautiful her spirit... I love that girl! I hope I can be like her someday...

1 comment:

Beth said...

Shanygne, I'm kind of new to this blogging stuff . . . so I just found your site. You are an amazing person . . . I just wish you knew how much. I've meant to tell you a million times how I was so inspired by the way you laid down your life for the Lowry's when they went through their recent ordeal—more than a few people noted the same sentiment to me about you. In so many ways you are such a beautiful and crystal clear reflection of God.