Monday, April 20, 2009

Couponing, CVS

I guess it's time for a new post, since this will become my main blog from now on...

it's amazing to me how I can think in blog terms all day, all week all month and then when I get on to post canNOT think of any of those wonderful things that I wanted to blog about!!

I think I am becoming "that lady"...  you know the one - she is at the checkout with her store flyers, coupons and makes you feel like you're gonna be late for whatever incredible stop that you have next - and in reality, those few minutes won't make any difference in your schedule - (ANYWAY - yes, I feel guilty, yes, I let ppl in front of me if I know it will take a while) HOWEVER, I am saving over $100 a month on my grocery and household bill and you wish you were too, but think it will take too much time/effort that you THINK you don't have, but if you were making $25 an hour (which is what it comes out to) you might think differently...

Yesterday I was brilliant at CVS...  I got $70 worth of merch for $8.19!  Hair color, granola bars, fingernail polish (2 free!), shampoo and conditioner, mouth rinse, clearanced Easter gifts for next year, etc!!   In one transaction I had to get a $1 nail clipper so that they didn't owe ME money!  My first one was $38 and I paid $1.19 and my second was $32 and I paid $7... AND I walked out of there with $6 in free money for next time!  seriously, folks, you are wasting money if you don't try this...  I'm not even talking store brands!  It's L'Oreal, Pantene, FiberOne, Colgate...  You should NEVER pay full price for most of this stuff.  If you have the money that you don't NEED coupons, sales, etc... then think of what you could do with that money to either make it grow or bless others or further the Kingdom of God if you saved it anyway!!  Either way, I believe it's nearly irresponsible.  




No comments: