Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I know.  You're (all) saying, "wow... a new post??!!  could it be?
and yet, I am not feeling it lately...  when I get the actual chance to sit and write, nothing comes. When I feel witty and free enough to write, I either don't have the computer or the kids are on it.  
I guess facebook will have to do for now... maybe I will find my way back to you...

I do have some seemingly exciting news, however...  two pieces of it!
It really, truly looks like this will be our last summer in Texas.  No, really.  We are aiming for August to leave and head for Sioux Falls, South Dakota to plant a church - a vision that has been nearly 9 years in the making.  And for that to happen, a LOT of things have to fall into place.

the second piece of news is that after a couple years of asking, waiting, nearly begging, I may indeed get to have a weekend (Friday evening to Sunday morning) to myself!!  It is going to be my birthday present from my wonderful fam.  I just want to hole up, spend a realllly goood time with the Lord, ( a "REAL" quiet time that isn't interrupted) rest, sleep, pray, relax, not hear "moooommmmy!!!" for nearly 40 hours...  it sounds like heaven.  I was telling a friend about it and a lady listening in said that she had a day like that once and just got bored.  I told her, "I'm willing to take that risk!"   Bored sounds good... and really being anxious to see my family sounds wonderful, too...  ya know??  I LOVE them to pieces, wouldn't change anything (much) about our lives, but I just need, really need some time by myself... to just BE myself.

Bring on the boredom!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome back to blogging:-)
Hope you enjoy your weekend to yourself! I also hope you don't have to wait another couple of years to do it again, too!

Rachel said...

I hope you change your mind about giving up the blog. You write and I'm right there with you. It's not about having something clever and witty all the time - it's about inviting us to your front porch to talk. I know...i steal that line from you often. But it's so true!

About your weekend away - it sounds lovely. And if I know you, you will be THRILLED when you get to be back with your family. But the alone time..or time with you and the Lord will restore your soul. I almost feel your anticipation.

Praying for the move this summer!!!

Christina Lowery said...

I'm so glad you're finally getting your weekend away! I know you've been dreaming of this for a long time!

And I'm so excited for you guys for the fall!! We should have a Gullickson / Lowery conference call soon!!

Love you!!

Kate B said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your comment! I'd love for you to meet Elijah! I'm back to work now, so it'll have to be a weeknight or weekend. Art's out of town til Friday, so I'm open any night this week ('cept Wednesday).

Leah said...

A weekend to myself sounds lovely to me!!! Let us know when it is so we can all show up and join you.. ha ha. :) OK, just kidding... but do let us know when it is so we can be praying for Kevin!

Rachel said...

I'll send you the addy on facebook tonight -- unless i forget of course. I do that a lot. lol.