Thursday, May 24, 2007

Baby Talk...

This baby seems to want to come out the top! There is "something" - a foot, an elbow, a knee - poking way at the top of my belly all the time. We have definitely moved on from the karate kicks to the rolling around. Sometimes she is so active I get to the point of feeling motion sick! At the BattleCry, I had to get up and walk around to put her to sleep just so I could feel better.
She also seems to like when someone has their hand on my belly... she refuses to "perform" when there is a warm hand there... Kevin has only felt her move a couple times and Emily a couple times... it's hard to catch her in the act, even if she's been bouncing off the walls for a long time. Ihave to assume it's a comfort to her, and not that she just doesn't want to be touched.

We're almost at the one-handed countdown! It is soooo hard to believe. I think I have felt a little of this with each pregnancy, but I still feel a little disconnected from Katie. Of course that sets me up for worry - can I love enough? Am I so worn out that I won't be a good mom to her? I know that when I hold her in my arms all those doubts and questions will go out the window.

Entering a new world for me... hemmorroids... at least I am assuming that's what it is... I know, TMI... so I won't dwell here.

Emily made a comment the other day that she was being replaced as the "princess"... I mentioned it to Kevin since he was the one giving Katie that moniker, and he cleared it up for Emily that she is always going to be the first princess and that we will have two, now.

Hopefully tomorrow we will have a date planned for the C-section. This planner would love to have a date... even if it turns out differently.

We are really trying to get some things done around here... we have so many big things and little things to purchase, do and plan... and soooo little time to get it all done... we have two Saturdays tentatively "open" before Katie comes, and that's a little scary... between weddings, drama training weekends for GE and a plethora of other commitments, it's a little overwhelming.

Hoping the fam will take a look at the baby registries we have set up at Target and Amazon... but not counting on it. So, one of those Saturdays will be a trip to Dallas to purchase an infant seat and crib, etc...

well, I have babbled enough, I think... Hope your week is going well!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Haven't checked this one in a while!! You are doing great! Holding onto hope with you. Much love....

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.